lunes, 28 de abril de 2008

Oh my darling, Clementine...

¿Is it possible that will be a person that inspires you and touch so deeply and means a lot to you although you have never meet her in person? Yes – this is the case.

This person who I admire so much said once: It's important to get things out if you have it inside of you.

I never had the courage to just say what needs to be said, it always had been very difficult for me to express my feelings, fears, insecurities or thoughts with people. I don't know, maybe, because I have had a very hard life since the day was born.

For me to be 'different' it made me be too shy, I never let people to know me deeply because in this way people couldn't hurt me. And I always have been worried about what people will think about me.

But having these all feelings inside me also hurts. It hurts a lot. So, slowly, very slowly I opening my heart and let people know me... deeply.

Today I turn 24 years old.

Well nobody expect that I'm going to turn this age, well said... if I would survive in first place because of what happened the day I was born and everything I have been through in my life, but I'm still alive. I'm not going to bored you with that, and besides all of this make me sad and today I'm happy. So if you like to read it, the story of my life is written in the other entry of my blog, you'll understand why I said all of this.

I want to share with you a story.

There is one person far away from here that inspire me too much and she always does. She can't never imagined how much means to me and the much she inspire me and touch me. And I know that definitively right now she is inspiring me to write this.

The story with her started a few years ago, in 2004. A friend of mine recommended earnestly watch an independent film that starred not A-list actors, but the children or relatives of famous people. The movie was called Last Goodbye. So I purchased the DVD and I have to say I love the movie is one of my favourites.

It introduced me to a whole new generation of actors. Specially one such actress captivated me, she was called Clementine Ford. I don't know why, but something about her intrigued me and I wanted to know more. I looked for information on the Internet, and I discovered she was Cybill Sheperd's daughter. ¡What a surprise! I remember I used to watch Moonlighting when I was kid.

I have been her fan, almost the beginning of her career. Then years passed and what a great surprise when I known that she was going to play the role of Molly in my favourite TV show, The L Word.

With this role she definitively captivated me.... again, like she have done a few years ago, and in this time much more me!.

Surfing on the Internet I discovered that she had MySpace. It took some time for me to summon the courage to send a friend request, just thinking that she could be read my comment made my nervous, and she still does, I have to admit. Well, but I finally did it and I am so glad I did. It really means a lot to me that she added me as a friend and give me the chance to know her better.

Reading her blog, I realize that she is simple down-to-earth-person, she really inspires me with everything she does. She is so splendid and charming too.

When she shares her thoughts, feelings and experiences with 'us' and I'm reading what she writes I come away with this incredible sense of familiarity that remind me that she are just like the rest of us, so 'normal', so nice and cool, in spite of she's in an actress. She is so close that anybody else and I really appreciated that. I'm so proud of how she is and to be her fan.

I love the fact of how she wants to connect to her fans because not a lot of celebrities want to do that or take time to be in touch with them. That makes me adore and admire her even more.

Clementine, thanks to you and I'm not hiding anything from anyone anymore. You give me the courage to give the step to get things out there, because that is really matters, right?

I want to thank you for everything you've done for me, whether directly or indirectly. Because that means a world to me.

Last but not least, as you said recently:

"Change happens when you open yourself up and march forward fearlessly. Let your voice be heard!"

I'll never forgive that.

Thank you for everything. I'll be always there supporting you. Keep being the special person as you already are.

I wanted to say how much you meant to me and now I have done. I wish you all the best in the world!

Be happy, stay well and cool, dear Clem!

Luv you!

- Mary

2 comentarios:

The Amatuer Writer dijo...

This piece is SO true! I agree with every word you have written. Like you, I was very skeptical about requesting to be added as a friend at MySpace simply because there are just TOO MANY 'FAUX(s)' "pretending" to be "THE REAL THING"..lol, I even told Clementine that 'if she was not "The Real Thing", don't bother adding me..lmao!..yea, I'm THAT 'conceited' and 'too honest'..BUT..Clementine IS as 'normal' as can be. I have to admit that I was taken aback and pleasantly surprised of her Great Attitude. She is a real gem; a rare gem in the Land of Pretentious Hollywood. I respect and really love her for well, just being her!

And yes, I think she has 'touched' and 'influenced' lots of her 'friends' through MySpace..It takes tremendous balls and courage to even set up a page based on her 'status'..Kudos to her for that! I feel very privileged and proud to be one of her 'friend(s)'..

Being said, I also feel very privileged and proud to be one of your friend, dear Mary! Well done on this piece! My hats off to you! :)

Stay well, strong and cool my dear friend.

TONI ;)

The Amatuer Writer dijo...

Spanish Version:

¡Este pedazo es TAN verdad! Convengo con cada palabra que has escrito. Como ti, era muy escéptico sobre la petición que se agregará como amigo en MySpace simplemente porque hay apenas DEMASIADO " de los “FAUX”; pretending" para ser " El THING" VERDADERO;. .lol, incluso dije la clementina que 'si ella no era " El Thing" verdadero; , no incomodar el agregar de mí. .lmao!. .yea, soy QUE “vanidoso” y “demasiado honesto”. .BUT. La clementina ESTÁ como “normal” como puede ser. Tengo que admitir que detrás me tomaron y fueron sorprendido agradable de su gran actitud. Ella es una gema verdadera; una gema rara en la tierra de Hollywood presuntuoso. ¡La respeto y amo realmente para bien, apenas siendo ella!

Y sí, pienso que ella “ha tocado” y las porciones “influenciadas” de sus “amigos” con MySpace. Toma enormes bolas y valor incluso de setup una página basada en su “estado”. ¡Alabanzas a ella para eso! Siento muy privilegiado y orgulloso ser uno de sus “amigos”.

¡Siendo dicho, también siento muy privilegiado y orgulloso ser uno de tu amigo, estimada Maria! ¡Bien hecho en este pedazo! ¡Mis sombreros apagado a ti! :)

Permanecer bien, fuerte y refrescar a mi estimado amigo.

TONI;)